I think that my portion of the presentation could have been better. Although, I feel that I was able to get the main point across within the slides I talked about, which were membership opportunities and the conclusion. I definitely think that I need to talk slower, I felt almost rushed as I was watching myself. I also think that I should have prepared more for the presentation, as I was mostly just reading off of the slides. Additionally, I used filler words a decent amount of times, which can be seen as unprofessional. I also do not think I really engaged the audience, or kept a consistent amount of eye contact. With all of this being said, I would say I still managed to deliver a fair presentation on my end, however, there is room for improvement for next time.
Part 2: Reflection
Within my group project, I believe that we are being very productive and proactive in identifying issues that we could help Big Hollow with. Each member of our group knows how important it is for each of us to do our own share of work in a timely manner. Our group works very well together and I would say that everyone feels comfortable expressing their own opinions within the group. We have scheduled additional time out of class to work on some of our previous projects and it has gone over smoothly, as we don’t have any conflict between members. As for our interactions with Jeff, I would say that the atmosphere of the company and our group mesh together very well. Jeff has provided us with almost instant responses to our emails, in addition to keeping them informative. Although we have yet to go to Big Hollow with the intentions of meeting with our community partner, I would say that our interactions over email have still been sufficient. I feel that after hearing our group presentation, Big Hollow is eager to work with us and is excited to see all of our ideas come to life in the next couple weeks.
I am anxious about the time period we have in order to complete all of the goals our group has made. Although I am very excited to help out Big Hollow, I am nervous that we will not have enough time to do everything our group would like. Whether or not we are able to complete everything, I think that we will still make some sort of impact on Big Hollow.
For the remaining weeks of the semester, I trust that our advertising efforts will be able to help Big Hollow bring in more customers. I am hoping that our group is able to spread the word about co-ops and why they are important to the community, with the expectation that this drives more people to shop at the local grocer. Once we are finished with the semester, thus being done with our Big Hollow project, I plan on finding out what other places are co-ops as well, with the intentions of supporting them. If I know which stores are co-ops, I then have the ability to tell other people about them. This is something that I think is important and that more people need to know about, as co-ops are participating members in our local communities.
No comments:
Post a Comment